New in Power Automate: Tilkee and Blackbaud Raisers Edge NXT
On Friday, in addition to the other changes mentioned we saw the addition of two new Power Automate connectors: Tilkee and Blackbaud Raisers Edge NXT. This brings the total number of connectors to 347. Both of these new connectors bring more external functionality to Power Automate, Power Apps, and Logic Apps.
Tilkee is a web-based file sharing platform. Use it to share documents and files and track access to each item. It appears the developers of this app use English as a second language. Additionally, there was no response to our contact request for more information. Keep this in mind if you’re looking to use Tilkee as a file sharing platform.
What can you do with this connector?
This connector offers both triggers and actions, which means there are some interesting applications you can do:
- Trigger an automation when a project is signed – Use this trigger to kick off other business processes when your project gets a sign-off.
- Trigger an automation to followup after a user accesses your project – Example, you can use this to automatically send a sales follow-up email after a contact views the files you shared with them. Since it can happen so close to when the files are viewed, you’d be more likely to get a response.
- Automatically add files to a shared folder for a user – You can use the upload information action to keep a shared file repository up-to-date based on other actions that happen outside of Tilkee.
Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge NXT is a wonderfully mature platform that provides donor management software for non-profits and charitable organizations. We found this connector to be extraordinarily well documented with a robust application platform to support further customization. With a whopping 97 actions available, this connector offers one of the widest scopes of any in the Power Platform.
Sadly, there are no triggers for this at this time. This means that any automations you build with this will either be time-based or pushed from other Power Platform triggers.
What can you do with Blackbaud Raisers Edge NXT?
Since this connector, despite its wide scope, offers only actions you will have to be creative with how to get a full-featured automation. Here are some of our ideas for what you can build.
- Use a web-form or other trigger to add a constituent to your database – When triggered from a web-form or email, you could user Power Automate to automatically expand your constituent list.
- Build a custom Power App – The huge number of actions for this connector makes it ideally suited for a Canvas App (Power App) that allows you to deploy custom mobile apps quickly across your organization without needing to hire a developer.
- Extend your gift giving process – Since the connector allows you to get gift information, you could build an automation to attach other actions to your gift giving. For example, a survey or any other action across the Power Platform.
We would love to know what you’re building and are standing by to help if you run into any problems. Our talented Power Platform specialists are happy to discuss what you’re building or help you come up with ideas on how you might be able to connect these to other connectors in the Power Platform. No one else knows the Power Platform like our team, so let’s build something amazing, together.