Weather Prediction and More With 10 New Power Automate Connectors
Friday was a banner day for delivery of new Power Automate connectors. Whether you’re predicting weather, a government worker, part of an alumni foundation or an IA-Connect user (or want to become one), heads up!
There’s a lot to power through, so let’s dig in. (Pun was so worth it!)
The only independently published connector in today’s grouping, use of the AccuWeather connector for worldwide weather forecasting services can help inform your decisions and plans for logistics, travel or outdoor activity. The new Power Automate connector for Accuweather contains a respectable list of possible actions.
- Autocomplete cities search (basic info about locations)
- Geoposition search (longitude and latitude)
- Get: admin area list, countries list of all those in a specified region, current conditions for top cities
- Get: current conditions, hourly forecast (next hour) or daily forecast for a specific location
- Get :daily index for all indices, a group of indices, a specific index, historical current conditions (past 24 hours), current conditions (past 6 hours) by location key
- Get: metadata for all indices, all daily indices or all index groups
- Get region list (basic info), top cities list
This is only the second weather-related connector to enter the arena. If you provide weather forecasting services, or are just fascinated by weather events, you may want to check out this connector.
This new connector from Almabase is an exciting connector for the higher education set that caters to alumni for engagement and fundraising, as well as to host interactivity. One of 16 CRM management tools and only the second for fundraising, this connector appears to have potential.
- Create or update a new record, an email address for a record, a new fund or gift
- Create a new custom touchpoint to Almabase
- Create a new form submission for a form
- Get information about a record, an email address of a record, a form submission, a fund, a gift, a giving page
- List records, email addresses for a record, forms, funds, gifts, or giving pages
There are two occasions that trigger a flow: (1) when a new gift is successfully recorded on a Giving Page by a donor, or the payment to a gift failed, or (2) when a form is submitted or an existing form submission is updated.
Robust new breakout connector. Five stars.
A complement to Asite’s business use Power Automate connector, this one, for U.S. government applications connects two systems for file exchanges, with a trigger that uploads a file to the project folder. If it’s cost is not prohibitive for your projects, you’ll find it geared more specifically towards government work than it’s non-governmental counterpart. It requires:
- An active Asite CDE subscription
- An active Microsoft Power Automate subscription, and
- An active workflow configuration in Asite platform, configured workflow trigger with the type ‘Microsoft Flow.’
Keeping it simple, its three actions allow you to:
- Upload a file in Asite project folder.
- Get the file content from Asite, or
- Get the defined file meta-data, and set the values during the file upload process.
This may be a record for a single day, and these make a grand total of 548 Power Automate connectors from which to choose, 15 of which come from independent publishers.
If we’re picking winners solely by volume of delivery in a single day from the ever expanding pool of Power Automate connectors, then the PAscar (Power Automate Oscar) would go to Ultima Labs for the release of these seven!!! Let’s get a clue, shall we?
Ultima Labs describes the IA-Connect application this way.
IA-Connect is a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) platform which adds RPA functionality from the Cloud to on-premises virtual machines or over Citrix or Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDS) connections.
Each of these seven are loaded with actions so numerous as to make it plain old silly to reiterate each and every one here. Check into the Microsoft documentation for all of the details but be forewarned: you might want to snag a protein bar before you dive in. There’s that much.
This is the connector for developing dynamic code modules.
Automate 5250 and 3270 Mainframe sessions using Terminal Emulation applications that support the HLLAPI API with this connector.
This connector for Microsoft Office automation places heavily in Word, Excel and Outlook actions.
This is the module for automating the SAP GUI application.
This is automates the environment, session, file management and configuring IA-Connect.
Use this connector for Windows application User Interface Automation (UIA).
To automate Web Browsers, use this connector.
Use of any of the IA-Connect connectors above requires that you install the IA-Connect software which is free to test for 30 days, after which you’ll need to purchase an IA-Connect license.
As a side note; in researching all that Ultima Labs has to offer from a documentation standpoint, I stumbled upon their Modern Day Slavery Statement for FY20, and while we do our best to give opinion about each product/connector that we review and not the company itself, I’d just like to say that it’s impressive to see a company include this as a part of its ethos.